Year 4 Level 1 Bikeability
Year 4 - Level 1 Bikeability
Year 4 have been taking part in Bikeability. Bikeability, is a cycle training programme that teaches children practical skills and gives them the understanding and expertise they need to ride their bikes on the road.
Our Year 4 children have been involved in Bikeability Level 1: the Level 1 programme was performed in groups of up to 12 children. The children were taught to control and master their bikes away from traffic.
They learnt to:
- Prepare themselves and their bike for cycling.
- Get on and off their bike without help.
- Start, pedal and stop with control.
- Use gears and avoid obstacles.
- Look all around and behind, staying in control of their bike.
- Share space with pedestrians and other cyclists.
A very important life skill, which has been enjoyed by our Year 4 children.